Our Statement of Faith

Moderator: SoF HQ

Our Statement of Faith

Postby Sally » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:34 am

BIBLE
The Bible is the inspired word of God and is the sole authority in all matters of Christian faith and practice.

GOD
God is a Trinity of Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and is eternal, infinite, loving, wise, just and sovereign i.e. in control.

MAN
God created man in His own image and likeness. Man failed to obey God so that sin entered the human race, separating man from God. Fallen mankind is not able to save himself and remains in this state under Satan's rule until receiving spiritual life through Christ.

SALVATION
God, in grace, made it possible for man to be brought back to Himself, by sending His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world. Born of the Virgin Mary, through the power of the Holy Spirit, He was sinless in every respect. By His death and resurrection, He is able to save all who come to Him in humble repentance and accept Him by faith.

THE CHURCH
The Church is the company of all true believers, formed by the Holy Spirit into one body, of which Christ is the Head.

SECOND COMING
The Lord Jesus Christ will return as Lord, King and Judge.

THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit comes to live in every believer from the moment of salvation. The filling of the Holy Spirit is the result of living in devotion and obedience. The Holy Spirit's influence is to produce Christlike character.

In Christ alone, by faith alone, by grace alone and the bible stands alone
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Sally
Site Admin

Return to Statement of Faith