So who here likes to crochet?

Moderator: SoF HQ

So who here likes to crochet?

Postby Suse » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:32 pm

This thread section looked a litle left out...I would love to know who else here loves to crochet?

I love it because it is something I can do anytime, and anywhere, with my kids, in front of the telly, you name it...plus I love the outcome of all my hours of work. It also gives me time to reflect while my hands are busy...time to pray and think and meditate on the word of God.

What about you?
Lve Suse xx

Daughter of the King, wife to a wonderful man and mummy to 2 beautiful princesses!
Suse

Re: So who here likes to crochet?

Postby Sally » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:55 pm

It's actually something I really want to learn.

I was thinking that it could be something that I could while I sit with the kiddos doing thier school work.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Sally
Site Admin

Postby Suse » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:05 am

It is def. something worth learning...and yes, perfect for doing while the kids do their schooling stuff.

Natti wants to learn at the moment, and I know she could probably pick it up quite quickly, but I don't know if I have the patience LOL
Lve Suse xx

Daughter of the King, wife to a wonderful man and mummy to 2 beautiful princesses!
Suse

Postby Marion » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:26 pm

I love to crochet, but have up until now not found too many practical uses for crochet things - love doing edges on washers, but you can only do so many of these. I have started doing edges on bunny rugs too. I am hoping to make some more baby jackets/dresses, and some rugs as well. I would love to start crocheting some flowers for on some of my layouts too. - Anyone got any patterns for these???
Marion
30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30-31
Marion

Postby Scrapper 25 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:23 pm

For those of you girls that like to crochet, thought you might like to check out this blog. She has patterns and step by step instructions. I love looking here. It is a feast of colour. I am pretty sure she has some patterns for little flowers too Marion. I am sure you will love it if you haven't seen it before.

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/
Karen
A glad heart makes a happy face. Prov. 15:13

Blogging here http://lathamsnews.blogspot.com/
and http://karenleighphotoaday.blogspot.com/
Scrapper 25

Postby Suse » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:52 pm

Karen, you beat me to it LOL...That is wear I got the instructions for my little flowers...and they look so good too! She is a very talented crocheter!
Lve Suse xx

Suse

Postby Suse » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Actually, here is a picture of some of the flowers I have made from her instructions :)
Attachments
P1190798smaller.jpg
P1190798smaller.jpg (162.8 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
Lve Suse xx

Suse

Postby Cass » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:40 pm

They are adorable Suse! Do you sell them? ;)
Hugs, Cass

You can read my ramblings at http://cassandraking.blogspot.com/
Cass

Postby Suse » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:51 pm

yes I do Cass...$4 each (they are about 2 inches across)
Lve Suse xx

Suse

Return to Crocheting