SCRAP OF FAITH RETREAT UPDATE - Venue, Dates etc

Updates, notices and general Scrap of Faith happenings

Moderator: SoF HQ

Re: SCRAP OF FAITH RETREAT UPDATE - Venue, Dates etc

Postby Gayle » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:38 am

I won't be coming girls, but I know that you who do go will have an amazing time together!
I really hope you get a good number again this time :)
**Gayle**
Scrapbooking Blog - http://gayles-scrapbooking.blogspot.com
Gayle

Postby Marion » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:19 pm

I'm still going. I wouldn't miss it if it was possible to go. I am also advertising this through our church craft group to try and drum up some more interest and numbers. I am really looking forward to this.
Marion
30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30-31
Marion

Postby tambear » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

I'd really love to come - but with finances being the way they are and also it will be the weekend just after Matilda's 1st birthday - I don't think it is feasible - Hopefully I can meet all you wonderful ladies IRL before we get to heaven! :D
God loves you and there is nothing you can do about it!
tambear

Postby Sally » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Marion so looking forward to seeing you again :D :D

And thanks for advertising it around your craft ladies :D

& Tam all things in God's timing, would love to meet you IRL sooner rather than later though ;)
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Sally
Site Admin

Postby Nat » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi girls... just creeping out from the woodwork!! How are you all!!??

How many ppl have you got coming Sal??
Married to Greg and blessed with 3 little monkey... er angels... Jaidyn (8.5), Elijah (3) and Lani (2).
Nat

Postby Marion » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:34 am

bumping this up so people remember and contact you Sal.

How are the numbers going for the retreat???
Marion
30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30-31
Marion

Postby Sally » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi girls, with lots of prayer and discussion in light of the lack of interest & now the flooding in QLD we have decided to cancel the retreat.

We just cannot get the minmum number required to satisfy the venue, we were going to consider dropping the price, by offering less in the way of goodies, but now with things like they are in Queensland and half of the members of the HQ team now unable to attend it's just become impossible to put on :(

We'rw really sorry for those of you who were wanting to come. :( :(
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Sally
Site Admin

Postby Marion » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 am

Hopefully Sal this is only a postponement not a cancellation as I would love us to have another retreat.

I have info about another place that is much cheaper and less numbers needed - not quite as nice as at Stanwell Tops, but very adequate. I have been there a number of times. It is a self catering place, but I'm sure I could find someone to cater if we decide to go that way. here is the website. http://www.thevenue.org.au/
Marion
Marion

Previous

Return to Site Information