Simple Savings Vault - anyone purchased a membership??

Share those great money saving ideas here

Moderator: SoF HQ

Re: Simple Savings Vault - anyone purchased a membership??

Postby miss~nance » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:06 am

I joined but havetn had much time to brows the sections. the one I did look in was beauty and discoved that if you add sugar to your ordinary face cleanser you have made a cheap and effective face scrub. you can also make it for your body as well.
miss~nance

Postby Amy Bell » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:09 am

Well we were self-employed at the time Sal... So we weren't covered had we closed down or whatever you'd call it.

Love that tip about the sugar. Can also use salt. Sometimes though the salt/sugar disintegrates in your usual cleanser.
Amy Bell

Postby Neek » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:51 pm

I joined yesterday and have been reading ever since.

On another note: A new show on Austar's Lifestyle channel is "Lush House" with Shannon Lush who created the "spotless" books and so on. I LOVE this show. I have had this book for years (given to me) and never really read it. Wow... Silly me.

A great tip i have learnt from this show/book that I have been using for the last 2 or so weeks is bi-carb/vinegar into my normal wash. You use a 1/3 of powder that you normally use - add 2tbs of bicarb to the wash. Then 2tbs of vinegar to the fabric softner dispenser.

And it works great. It not only drags out the life of your washing powder by using less - but the bicarb cleans as well and the vinegar leaves the clothes smelling nice and cuts through the soap a bit in the rinse. And no the smell is not at all vinegar like.

I am also going to try the bicarb/vinegar in the shower recess this weekend too & see how it goes (both of the Simple Savings site & Lush).
Wife to Jon for 13 years & Mum to 3 wild bush kids.

I blog too ---> http://www.wyenot.blogspot.com
(you need a p/word & username - pm if you would like it)
Neek

Postby Nat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Hey frugal girls!

Well, we did up our budget last week, and with just the bare basic repayments, bills etc we are in the red about $100. SO, I need to get a lot more frugal!

I might just have to spend that extra $50 and join the vault, I know I'll get lots of tips from it.

I too need to re-stock on bi-carb and vinegar to use - I was cleaning the shower the other day, wishing I had some vinegar!

Regarding income insurance, I don't think we have that?? I'm not very savvy with insurance stuffs.
Married to Greg and blessed with 3 little monkey... er angels... Jaidyn (8.5), Elijah (3) and Lani (2).
Nat

Postby Neek » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:32 pm

I love the vault Nat. I reckon I have saved heaps by reading it. I spend some time each week reading over all the forums which are great for ideas, recipes, tips, information and so on.!

You wont regret it :)
Wife to Jon for 13 years & Mum to 3 wild bush kids.

I blog too ---> http://www.wyenot.blogspot.com
(you need a p/word & username - pm if you would like it)
Neek

Postby miss~nance » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:54 am

I still haven't spent a lot of time in the vault BUT I must do that soon.................
miss~nance

Postby kerriannb » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:46 pm

I joined about 6 weeks ago. Love it. And, amazingly the teenagers enjoys planning he meals in advance, etc.

I am in a local food co-op and get wonderful fresh fruit and veg, and plan around that. I am spending much less on groceries, and there is always more than enough to eat. Some complaints about having to actually put snacks together, rather than grabbing something quick from the pantry, but we are working on that. Mr almost 18 has started going to the gym, so is happy with the 'new' plan. Mr 14 is another story, but he has always been different! Poor DH is away away a lot as we have trucks, and always manages to be home on a no meat night, so am trying to sort that one out!
God has made everthing beautiful in its time.....Ecclesiastes 3:11

A thorn, sorry, flower in a house full of testosterone!!
kerriannb

Postby Jilly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:11 pm

I just join Simple Savings and I am learning so much it's great!!!
oxoxoxo
*~*~*Loving life and my Family!*~*~*
*~*~*I am so grateful to God for all He has done for me!*~*~*

//http://jilly-Married to the love of...com/2009/01/...
http://jilly-sewinghowwonderful.blogspot.com/
http://mylittlehomeamongthetrees.blogspot.com/
Jilly

Previous

Return to Budget tips and tricks