Helloooooooooo Out There!!!

Just want to talk about anything, go for it.

Moderator: SoF HQ

Helloooooooooo Out There!!!

Postby Gayle » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Is anyone still here?

Just wanted to share with you my new venture if you haven't already found me.
My SIL and I have started an online shop selling our handmade accessories, toys and clothes.
If you are interested you can search us on Facebook or check us out on our blog www.twocanstitch.blogspot.com
On Facebook Search, Twocan Stitch

Hope everyone is doing well
Gayle
**Gayle**
Scrapbooking Blog - http://gayles-scrapbooking.blogspot.com
Gayle

Re: Helloooooooooo Out There!!!

Postby Marion » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi Gayle. I keep checking back in here to see if anyone is still around but this is the first time for ages someone has been here. Everyone seems to be so busy these days.
Marion
30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30-31
Marion

Postby Gayle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Ah well...everything for a season.
**Gayle**
Gayle

Postby miss~nance » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:24 am

Thank you Gayle for sharing your new venture - have popped over & had a look - you make lovely things. I do pop in each week to see if there is any movement but there hasn't been for some time.

How are you both going & what is happening in your lifes.

Life has been very very busy here. Work has been quite a challenge ever since March with the demise of Angus & Robertson. we are now and independent book store. That itself has bought many new and exciting things. We have started a story time each month, I am the story teller. we are in the middle of a face lift and that is taking time. The boss is looking very tired and quite stressed so I am trying to be as encouraging as I can.

In our personal life - Royce has just moved back into the house after 5 years living in the granny flat and our relationship is the best it has ever been, he is talking instead of grunting and is not nearly as demanding as he has been most of his life, in fact he is most pleasant to be around these days and even helpful. Haylee is loving her work at the preschool and has almost finished the first section of her Early Childhood diploma. Royce is also studying - Disability studies.
miss~nance

Postby Marion » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 am

Hi guys
Life has been very interesting over the last year - a new house; two grandbabies, one of them a very traumatic birth with complications - but all doing well now; one son's wedding; a severe back problem which is hopefully now getting a little bit better with chiropractor help at the moment; I have lost more than 20 kgs; and life seems to be very busy even though I am not working at TAFE at the moment.
Marion
30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30-31
Marion

Postby Gayle » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:40 pm

We moved back to Esperance at the end of last year and I work in our local bookshop 2 days a week. I'm a worship leader at our church and loving being home.
We are into motorbike riding with the kids now...have bought a few bikes and are loving that.
**Gayle**
Gayle

Postby ScrapHappy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Hello there everyone! It sure has been ages, hasnt it?

We are now about 9 months into our new life living and working at Ellel ministries and it surely has been a roller coaster ride. DD Claire started high school and has settled in very well to her new school. She is loving living here 'on base', especially at the moment as our neighbouring farmer's cows are all having calves which is SO CUTE!!! She has also started horse riding this year and I cant tell you how proud I am of her, she's taken to it like a duck to water! Currently she is riding a large Clydesdale which sure takes some stopping as he's such a big animal and she's handling it so well and is so relaxed with it. MAJOR step forward from loving horses but being too scared to get on one just a few years back. She has a go at her first gymkhana next weekend - just a fun one for the riding school students.

DS hasnt had a great year - new school not so bad but being apart from old school friends a very tough road when you are in Year 11. Also has had constant illness all year, and looks as though may require some nasal surgery to correct a problem which means that everytime he gets a sore throat he cant shake it, and then gets bad heads because his sinuses block up. Despite not being as fit as usual, his club and rep basketball teams have both managed to win their grand finals, and he is now working part time at Paintball, which is just about every boy's idea of a great job to have. He's up to about 110 hours of the 120 he needs to go for his 'P's, which he can do in Feb when he turns 17.

DH and I are loving being here. I love my job and it's such a beautiful spot to live in - all the roads around are so picturesque and pretty. The addition of our little kitten has been such a blessing, we love our little Quiver and even DH can be seen regularly giving her lots of affection. after all his talk of not being able to bear cats. :lol:

I have also been given quite a few opportunities to scrap as part of my job which was unexpected but so amazing. I can remember telling God a few years back that my ideal job would involve being paid to scrap - and it has come true! :D I cant believe it. Given I certainly had my misgivings about moving here, God has said that a time would come that I would be happier here than I had ever been, and He's kept that promise too. :D :D :D

However, life is not always a bed of roses. :( Back in May my grandmother was placed in a nursing home :? It is quite simply one of the hardest things. I try and visit her twice a week, as the nursing home is a two hour round trip for me - I wish I could go more often. It has been exhausting, but nothing compared to how it is for her. It is very hard to watch the downhill slide and her sadness at it all.

So, all in all it's been a pretty full on year. Sorry I havent been around much in this new season - but I'm still 'here'

Tracey xo
I'm Tracey from Sydney, married to Cameron and mum to Andrew (17) and Claire (13).
ScrapHappy

Postby Sally » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi Everyone, :-D

Gotta go cook dinner will write some more, but just wanted to quickly "Wave" and say "Hi" :D
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Sally
Site Admin

Postby Scrapper 25 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Hey Tracey,
Great to hear an update of your news at Ellel. We had a night with Mark and Sal a little over a week ago, and they were saying that you are living very close to were we have just been. We spent four days in Camden, it would have been nice to have caught up with we had known. My cousin and her husband live down there and attend the Anglican Church in Camden. We all turned up for the service Sunday night ( about 30 of us) and took up about four pews. It was quite exciting for the church to see that many people all arrive at once) it was a great service and the folk there were ever so welcoming.

Life is a little crazy here at the moment. in a good sense, but busy. Unfortunately I have hardly done any scrapbooking since the start of last year. I will get back into it one day. Such a backlog of photos now that it seems almost overwhelming and I don't know where to start.

Must go as it is late and I still have a few emails to send.

Karen
Karen
A glad heart makes a happy face. Prov. 15:13

Blogging here http://lathamsnews.blogspot.com/
and http://karenleighphotoaday.blogspot.com/
Scrapper 25

Return to General Chit Chat